Hypnotherapy can be viewed as the use of hypnotherapy, trance states, suggestion, or altered states of consciousness to facilitate therapeutic goals, including learning and practicing new skills for alleviating symptoms or changing behavior.
It is a natural and effective technique for accessing the subconscious mind, the key to unleashing our potential, changing our unwanted habits and behaviours and finding solutions to our problems and concerns by creating subconscious change in the form of new responses, thoughts, attitudes, behaviors or feelings.
During hypnotherapy you usually lie in a reclining chair or couch as the hypnotherapist talks to you in a slow and soothing voice. You may be asked to imagine or visualise walking down a country lane, or stare at a fixed point or listen to the sound of the therapist’s voice, suggestions for relaxation may also be given. The hypnotherapist may count you down from 10 to 1 or ask you to imagine walking down a flight of stairs. You will feel very relaxed but still aware of your surroundings. To return to full consciousness, which you can do all by yourself at any time, the hypnotherapist may count up from 1 to 10.
Hypnotherapy is beneficial for clients:
- Suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome
- Trying to lose weight
- Trying to quitting smoking
- Suffering from skin conditions
- Experiencing symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- During pregnancy and childbirth
Hypnotherapy 90 minutes – £55
- Janet GriffinJoanne helped me work through feeling of anxiety using hypnotherapy. In just one session backed up with a recording that I still listen to, I felt less anxious and more relaxed. Thank you Joanne”